Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
And these taste like brownies, so good. Rec: Double Chocolate Walnut Biscotti
Joined: Dec 24, 2005
Posted to Thread #760 at 9:06 pm on Feb 11, 2006
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE WALNUT BISCOTTI
Unlike most commercially available chocolate biscotti, these have a deep chocolaty flavor.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup walnuts, chopped
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
Preheat oven to 350°F. and butter and flour a large baking sheet.
In a bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl with an electric mixer beat together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat until combined well. Stir in flour mixture to form a stiff dough. Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips.
On prepared baking sheet with floured hands form dough into two slightly flattened logs, each 12 inches long and 2 inches wide, and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Bake logs 35 minutes, or until slightly firm to the touch. Cool biscotti on baking sheet 5 minutes.
On a cutting board cut biscotti diagonally into 3/4-inch slices. Arrange biscotti, cut sides down, on baking sheet and bake until crisp, about 10 minutes. Cool biscotti on a rack. Biscotti keep in airtight containers 1 week and frozen, 1 month.
Makes about 30 biscotti.
Other messages in this thread:
- 760. FRC: Biscotti- Wasn't there a thread on t & t's and favorites? Or was that "the other" site? (more - CynUpstateNY - 4:28pm on 02/10/06 (17)
- I checked back in the old archives - you guessed right! REC: Candied Orange Pecan Biscotti - RuthAB - 5:03pm on 02/10/06
- Here's my fave - REC: Kaci In Iowa's Chcolate Chip Almond Biscotti - Sandi in Hawaii - 6:51pm on 02/10/06
- Here's another crowd pleaser from Bon Appetit - REC: Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti - Sandi in Hawaii - 7:00pm on 02/10/06
- Sandi, I have an idea about this. . . - Steve2 in LA - 8:49pm on 02/10/06
- Good idea - I'll try pressing the biscotti into the cinn-sugar, and see if it works. Thanks, Steve! [NT] - Sandi in Hawaii - 5:03am on 02/11/06
- REC: Cinnamon and Hazelnut Biscotti - Mimi - 8:41pm on 02/10/06
- Our favorite: REC: Biscotti w/ cranberries and pistachios - joyce in upstate NY - 2:43pm on 02/11/06
- Joyce, just curious - do you shell all the pistachios yourself? - Sandi in Hawaii - 1:30am on 02/12/06
- Hey Sandi! ....more>> - joyce in upstate NY - 2:55am on 02/12/06
- Hmm, Sam's Club? We have Sam's as well as Costco here, but I only have a membership at Costco... - Sandi in Hawaii - 6:33am on 02/12/06
- Yep, Costco has them. - KC_ - 1:00pm on 02/12/06
- Rec: Chocolate Chip and Almond Biscotti by Maida Heatter (love these) - MariaDNoCA - 4:47pm on 02/11/06
- Rec: Chocolate-Orange Biscotti - MariaDNoCA - 4:54pm on 02/11/06
- REC: Biscotti - Michael in Tampa - 8:19pm on 02/11/06
- And these taste like brownies, so good. Rec: Double Chocolate Walnut Biscotti - KC_ - 9:06pm on 02/11/06
- These all sound great. It'll be hard to pick which to make. Thanks for your input! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 9:16pm on 02/11/06
- RECL Honey - OrigCyn - 10:50pm on 02/16/06