Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
CynUpstateNY, two more "chocolate rolled cookie" recipes
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #12929 at 12:51 am on Dec 7, 2008
Still not T&T, but both from cookbooks that have not failed me yet:
<i>The Good Cookie</i> by Tish Boyle and <i>Great Cookies</i> by Carole Walter.
I picked Tish's cookie because the photo of the cookie has super-sharp edges and shiny flat surfaces, so I believe it will bake well for your purposes.
Carole's cookie is not quite so perfect (edges sharp, but top surface is slightly bubbly), but her cookie characteristics are listed as: versatile, long shelf-life, & travels well. All good things. And every one of her cookies have been good.
[Edited] Geez, I just typed in both recipes and they are amazingly similar, even to the instructions (which I paraphrased). Only major difference is Tish's uses all cocoa which Carole's uses a blend of cocoa and unsweetened melted chocolate. Tish's is very dark (like an oreo cookie dark) while Carole's is a lighter chocolate color.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 12929. CynUpstateNY, two more "chocolate rolled cookie" recipes - MarilynFL - 12:51am on 12/07/08 (6)
- "Amy-oes" [faux oreo cookie from NYC Amy's Cookies] by Tish Boyle - MarilynFL - 12:54am on 12/07/08
- Hi Is The Kahlua Buttercream Filling Recipe Anywhere ? these look good [NT] - KiwiChris Melb Oz - 6:29pm on 12/09/08
- Chris, it's in the recipe now. [NT] - MarilynFL - 10:52pm on 12/09/08
- Cookie Cutter Chocolate Cookies by Carole Walter - MarilynFL - 1:07am on 12/07/08
- Thanks so much, Mar- I love Carole Walter recipes! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 7:42pm on 12/10/08
- thanks marilyn. I like the addition of melted chocolate. I made Penny's recipe subbing in cocoa - AngAk - 7:48pm on 12/10/08