Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
You know, Michael, I walked into the grocery store planning to buy rotisserie chickens.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #23690 at 12:41 pm on Jan 22, 2013
This is a high-end market in Orlando and I thought they would be the easiest way to go. Our local Publix told me their rotisserie chickens are exactly 2.2. pounds ($6.99 each) and I knew I'd need the meat from at least two of them. At this store (Fresh Market with dedicated butchers), they were $7.99 each, while the uncooked fryer was $1.70 a pound. I was still waffling on which way to go when the butcher informed me that the fryer was "all natural with no preservatives or additives" then nodded toward the delil and simply said <i>"the rotisserie chickens are "Perdue." </i> Then he lifted his eyebrows slightly.
Whether he was working customer psychology on me or what, his tone and inflection translated that sentence into <i>"Buy those and you'll be buying preservative-soaked, chemically-infused, genetically-altered, sodium-saturated chicken used-to-be's."</i>
I like to think I bought the 5-lb fryer because the price was a better deal. That's what I'd like to think.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 23690. Holy enchilada. Dawn in MO "creamy enchiladas" super-charged with butternut & kale. Whoa. - MarilynFL - 4:23pm on 01/21/13 (6)
- PW's Butternut & Kale Quesadilla [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 4:26pm on 01/21/13
- Dawm/MO's Creamy Chicken Enchiladas [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 4:27pm on 01/21/13
- Marilyn, the PW Quesadillas sound so delicious! I also have visions of adding - Barbara in VA - 5:34pm on 01/23/13
- They are, Barb. I added sauteed onion to the quesadilla and black beans would be - MarilynFL - 6:22pm on 01/25/13
- Dawn's recipe is a favorite in our house -served on Christmas Eve and... - Michael in Phoenix - 5:13pm on 01/21/13
- You know, Michael, I walked into the grocery store planning to buy rotisserie chickens. - MarilynFL - 12:41pm on 01/22/13