Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Deb in MI, the reduced quantity recipe for Dyslexic Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce works.
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #22181 at 12:32 am on May 30, 2012
I just tested it this evening. Well, actually...I mixed it up and made Larry test it against a jar from a full batch. He says it's fine. I've reached 24% of my weightloss goal and DBCS just doesn't fit into the game plan right now.
1/4 C pure cane sugar
3 oz (6 TBL) evaporated milk
2 tsp water
3 TBL Karo
3 oz 70% bittersweet Belgium chocolate
2 oz 54% semisweet Belgium chocolate
1/4 C (2 oz) Plugra butter, slightly soft and cut into pieces.
In a small heavy pot add the water, evaporated milk, sugar, and corn syrup. Over medium low heat, stir and bring to simmer, then cook for 2 minutes to completely dissolve the sugar.
In a separate bowl, melt the chocolate over simmering water.
Using a small strainer, strain the sugar/milk liquid over the melted chocolate.
Stir until the chocolate is incorporated.
[image shows sauce BEFORE the butter is added]
Then slowly stir in the butter chunks. Be sure the chocolate is not too hot or the butter will liquify before being emulsified into the chocolate blend.
Makes 1 1/4 cups of sauce.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 22181. Deb in MI, the reduced quantity recipe for Dyslexic Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce works. - MarilynFL - 12:32am on 05/30/12 (4)
- Thank you SOOOOOO much Marilyn & Larry!! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 10:02am on 05/30/12
- Congrats on your weight loss!! :) And a big thanks for posting the cucumber agua fresca recipe - MoNJ - 12:47pm on 05/30/12
- Thanks missy! Still have a long way to go. I'm buying 1 pound bags - MarilynFL - 1:17pm on 05/30/12
- Mar, you have such a big heart! ((Hugs)) [NT] - barb_b - 2:57pm on 05/30/12