Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
This egg-less, milk-less cake has always worked fine: It's a WWII chocolate cake
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #23127 at 3:20 pm on Oct 26, 2012
Pulled over from Gail's Swap:
Marilyn in FL: Rec: Egg-less, milk-less chocolate cake
Posted: Apr 10, 2002 1:31 PM
This makes a dense, moist cake.
1 c sugar
1 1/2 C flour
3 Tbl. Hershey's cocoa
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
5 Tbl margerine, melted
1 Tbl cider vinegar
1 tsp pure vanilla
1 C cold water
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Sift sugar, flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda into a bowl.
3. Make a well in the center and stir in the margerine and liquid ingredients.
4. Beat well.
5. Pour into an 8" lightly greased and floured square pan.
6. Bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 23127. ISO: A T&T Brunch (Coffee) Cake that passes the Vegan sniff test *... - Richard in Cincy - 1:56pm on 10/26/12 (33)
- While I haven't tried this recipe, I've been making apple things all week and this sounds good [LINK] - MarilynFL - 2:17pm on 10/26/12
- Recanting: I was thinking Gluten-free, not vegan. My friend is both + more. [NT] - MarilynFL - 3:15pm on 10/26/12
- Marilyn, have you tried Kellers Cup4Cup Gluten-Free flour? I did some baking for CB's coworker who's [LINK] - Steve2 in LA - 8:51pm on 10/26/12
- I was intrigued by recipes in Ad hoc, but disappointed when I realized - MarilynFL - 8:08pm on 10/27/12
- I would do homemade bread, jam and fresh fruit, and still have a regular coffee cake for non-vegans. [LINK] - Joe - 2:29pm on 10/26/12
- I would be vegan for a day to have that bread. [NT] - AngAk1 - 6:01pm on 10/26/12
- But it's so good with cream cheese or goat cheese... - Joe - 6:40pm on 10/26/12
- oh, Joe, I was trying to be funny. I love your bread, any way I could get it. [NT] - AngAk1 - 9:06pm on 10/26/12
- Oh, I know! I reread my own post and thought it sounded a bit intolerant. - Joe - 9:14pm on 10/26/12
- THANK YOU!!! [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 3:16am on 10/28/12
- The "looks and tastes normal" part is tough without eggs - it simply does not have the same [LINK] - LisainLA - 3:10pm on 10/26/12
- This egg-less, milk-less cake has always worked fine: It's a WWII chocolate cake - MarilynFL - 3:20pm on 10/26/12
- Lol Marilyn,I did a search in Living Cookbook without eggs or dairy, this was only recipe to come up [NT] - Curious1 - 3:48pm on 10/26/12
- Thanks... - Richard in Cincy - 3:56pm on 10/26/12
- Here is a recipe I can heartily endorse for your "muffins" - REC Vegan Chocolate Cake [NT] [LINK] - LisainLA - 11:23pm on 10/26/12
- Would you consider a scone recipe instead? This is T&T. I've made these... - Michael in Phoenix - 3:51pm on 10/26/12
- Richard, I am cracking up at yr choice of verbs there--infiltrated is a perfect description! Good - wigs - 5:40pm on 10/26/12
- I know, baking with butter and eggs? - Richard in Cincy - 3:23am on 10/28/12
- Richard, there are many variations of this "wacky" cake. it's vegan, no egg/dairy [LINK] - AngAk1 - 5:59pm on 10/26/12
- I'll never forget researching & then cooking for a "special needs" guest...who no showed. Grrr! [NT] - Traca - 6:25pm on 10/26/12
- I hope you emailed them all the documentation before deleting their contact info!! [NT] - Joe - 6:47pm on 10/26/12
- I thing we've all had "THAT" inconsiderate non-show guest. GRrrrrrrrr!!! [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 3:27am on 10/28/12
- Just make sure you've had your shots. [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 8:48pm on 10/26/12
- Steve I think I'm safe. And even if not, I usually don't bite in polite company... [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 3:28am on 10/28/12
- No the shots are to protect YOU, pal. Don't want them to go all "vegan" on your ass. [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 6:17pm on 10/28/12
- Richard, instead of vegan coffee cake...what about cinnamon rolls? Easier to go vegan. [NT] - Traca - 2:29am on 10/27/12
- Or would it be easier? Forgot about eggs and milk. I'm enjoying puzzling out this problem! - Traca - 2:58am on 10/27/12
- I normally don't either, but this public brunch for 50 is going to be in my home... - Richard in Cincy - 3:33am on 10/28/12
- Most vegans I have met truly care about animal cruelty. I do too, but I opt for - Joe - 4:26am on 10/28/12
- My laugh for the middle of the night. "if they don't miss meat why is it that everything in a - barb_b - 7:56am on 10/28/12
- I'm always happy to make you laugh. Now if you're ever stuck in a vegan restaurant - Joe - 9:41pm on 10/28/12
- Got it! I recently received a book dedicated to cinnamon rolls...w/ several vegan recipes included. [LINK] - Traca - 5:31pm on 10/27/12
- Thank you for bringing this book into my life...! [NT] - ErininNY - 9:04pm on 10/27/12