Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
My thanks to GeorgiaRose for advice on Tuxedo Strawberries
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #20210 at 9:04 pm on Mar 19, 2011
Your instructions simplified how I was going to make them and it took about 30 minutes to finish 50.
I used Lindt white chocolate for the base, but copped out and used coating chocolate for the dark top, as my tempering skills still leave much to be desired. Individually they look rather messy (phases of the process are shown in the lower right corner:
<a href="http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g166/Finer_Kitchens/?action=view&current=DSC03418.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g166/Finer_Kitchens/DSC03418.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>
but I placed the prettiest ones in rows in a heart mold and they looked like a tuxedo'd troupe from a Busby Berkley musical dancing down stairs. [Sorry, no photo of this.]
Here's a (blurry) photo of a finished trio:
<a href="http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g166/Finer_Kitchens/?action=view&current=DSC03419.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g166/Finer_Kitchens/DSC03419.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>
They were a big hit, but I suspect that anything would have been a big hit after 30 bottles of wine are consumed.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 20210. My thanks to GeorgiaRose for advice on Tuxedo Strawberries - MarilynFL - 9:04pm on 03/19/11 (9)
- Great job Marilyn! They look great! Glad I could be of assistance. [NT] - GeorgiaRose - 2:37pm on 03/21/11
- I can't find the 'advice' posting - could you link it? I'd like to try these sometime. THX [NT] - cheezz - 8:17pm on 03/21/11
- Here is GeorgiaRose's link: She recommends that you only need to dip one side [LINK] - MarilynFL - 12:50am on 03/22/11
- Nicely Done Mar! Such patience and time! I am sure they were enjoyed and great for conversation! [NT] - barb_b - 12:20pm on 03/22/11
- aw, sweetie, that's nice, but here's an actual conversation at the party: - MarilynFL - 2:49pm on 03/22/11
- Too funny!!! I guess it could have been worse, they could both have had a strawberry in their - barb_b - 4:33pm on 03/22/11
- ha! [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:53pm on 03/24/11
- Right product, wrong audience [NT] - cheezz - 11:15pm on 03/22/11
- Another DUH moment! Only dipping one side... why are these simple things so hard to think of?! [NT] - cheezz - 11:16pm on 03/22/11