Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Joined: Oct 18, 2011
Posted to Thread #21296 at 6:26 pm on Dec 27, 2011
Before I make a large purchase I always look at reviews on several sites. The link below is a site I find particularly helpful.
When I remodeled my kitchen about 5 years ago I got all Maytag appliances to take advantage of a promotion for buying 3 at the same time. The dishwasher was a huge disappointment and was replaced a year ago after the motherboard failed. The double wall oven is fine. The refrigerator is great. I got a bottom freezer style and really like it. The capacity of the refrigerator is generous and I like the way the shelves can be adjusted and how easy they are to keep clean. There can be a couple cold spots when it is full but I know where they are now so can adjust accordingly. No thru-the-door ice or water, just a plain old ice-maker in the bottom freezer. I would feel comfortable recommending this model, if it is still available.
Other messages in this thread:
- 21296. What fridge do you recommend? - Lana in FL - 3:49pm on 12/27/11 (15)
- My FIL has a Kitchen Aid and it is the worst fridge I've ever seen! I'm not surprised yours... - Michael in Phoenix - 4:58pm on 12/27/11
- My only issue with Sears now is their delivery charge, which is substantial - Melissa Dallas - 9:26pm on 12/27/11
- Also, Sears will be closing many stores. Careful with the warranties. [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 8:44pm on 12/28/11
- my advice [LINK] - cyalexa - 6:26pm on 12/27/11
- I bought one 3 years ago and with the height limitations imposed by my cabinets, the choices - Marg CDN2 - 8:03pm on 12/27/11
- I've had 2 Amanas and now have a Whirlpool (which makes parts for Kenmore), and they've all been [LINK] - Meryl - 10:00pm on 12/27/11
- Thanks very much for all the advice. - Lana in FL - 10:21pm on 12/27/11
- Haven't been happy since - Earnie - 10:47pm on 12/27/11
- Absolutely LOVE my SubZeros! (rave below) - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:06am on 12/28/11
- No brand recommendation, but whichever you choose, be sure it has a lock for the ice/water dispenser - desertcook - 2:32pm on 12/28/11
- Oh, that's so funny! (for me, anyway) - Lana in FL - 4:29pm on 12/29/11
- Get a magnetic sheet and stick over the opening (office supply, Michaels, Walmart, Hobby Lobby) [LINK] - cheezz - 9:45pm on 12/29/11
- My SIL has been through 5 refrigerators in 2 years, and swears by the Electrolux. I have to say - MoNJ - 3:19pm on 12/28/11
- Oh well, we looked, and the only one that we liked - Lana in FL - 4:26pm on 12/29/11
- I have a 40 year old Hot Point that's still going strong! - Pam - 9:30pm on 01/09/12