Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Joe! I made your Oven-baked Drumsticks. They were fab!
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #24325 at 6:05 pm on May 16, 2013
I added a bunch of pressed raw garlic to the melted buttter
mixture. They smelled fab while cooking and got
rave reviews. These would be great for a picnic.
Joe' Oven-baked Chicken Drumsticks
3 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (about 3
6 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
4 teaspoons onion powder
1 tablespoon Hungarian sweet paprika
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
1 1/2 cups butter -- (3 sticks)
9 tablespoons Dijon mustard
24 chicken drumsticks
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 2 large baking sheets. Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, onion powder, paprika, oregano, salt and pepper in large bowl and stir to blend. Melt butter in small saucepan over medium-low-heat. Remove saucepan from heat. Add mustard and whisk to blend. Brush drumsticks generously with butter mixture, then roll in breadcrumb mixture coating completely. Arrange drumsticks on prepared baking sheets.
Bake drumsticks until golden brown and cooked through, about 1 hour. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Sometimes you just need to look reality in the eye, and deny it. ï¿½Garrison Keillor
Other messages in this thread:
- 24325. Joe! I made your Oven-baked Drumsticks. They were fab! - Dawn_MO - 6:05pm on 05/16/13 (8)
- That looks good, may give it a try. [NT] - cyalexa2 - 7:25pm on 05/16/13
- thanks for this reminder for pic-a-nic season, if it would just stop snowing! [NT] - AngAk1 - 10:12pm on 05/16/13
- Oh no, Ang - you have snow still? We're at the same longitude, if I remember correctly.... - EvaN - 12:15am on 05/17/13
- Saturday May 18. fresh snow, 4 inches. sad garden, happy dogs [NT] [IMAGE] - AngAk1 - 6:12pm on 05/20/13
- That's good news! They really are good hot or cold. (The gunk in the pan is good too, but only hot.) [NT] - Joe - 1:50am on 05/17/13