Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
MargCDNs's JOY OF COOKING Sour Cream Waffles from page 241.....
Joined: Mar 10, 2006
Posted to Thread #31102 at 12:58 pm on Sep 23, 2019
Sour Cream Waffles (about 4 waffles)
Sift before measuring:
1 cup cake flour
1-1/4 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
Beat in a separate bowl until light:
3 egg yolks
2 cups thick cultured sour cream
Combine the liquid and the dry ingredients with a few swift strokes.
Beat until stiff, but not dry:
3 egg whites
Fold whites into the batter.
Heat waffle iron until the indicator shows it is ready to use. If it has been properly conditioned, it will need no greasing as most waffle batters are heavy in butter.
Have the batter ready in a pitcher. Cover the grid surface about two-thirds. Close the lid and wait about 4 minutes. When the waffle is ready, all steam will have stopped emerging from the crack of the iron. If you try to lift the top of the iron and the top shows resistance, it probably means the waffle is not quite done. Cook slightly longer and try lifting the top again. The richer the waffle dough, the crisper the waffle becomes.
Other messages in this thread:
- 31102. I got a little crazy last week watching an episode of The Kitchen when Katie - KarenNoCA - 7:08pm on 09/20/19 (21)
- Michael's is very good. [NT] - Charley - 8:20pm on 09/20/19
- Agree. Here is his recipe: Dad's Buttermilk Waffles. And they freeze well [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 1:56pm on 09/21/19
- . [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 6:03am on 09/27/19
- Inherited my mom's but still haven't used it. I keep clipping unusual waffle recipes [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 12:05pm on 09/21/19
- This all sounds great, I wish I had not lost my head for the few minutes I did because I also have - KarenNoCA - 7:21pm on 09/21/19
- Just to add to your guilt, you can buy waffle plates to use on the Cuisinart Griddler. [NT] - MarilynFL - 7:57pm on 09/21/19
- and to make up for that, here's a Norwegian waffle recipe. Just be sure to wear gravity boots [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 8:08pm on 09/21/19
- Now here are some real options other than waffles. [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 8:11pm on 09/21/19
- Oh my gosh, I did not know that, never even would have thought of that. Well.... - KarenNoCA - 4:22pm on 09/22/19
- Yeasty Belgian waffles. This is the recipe I use the most - Charley - 11:05am on 09/23/19
- Ah, the wells on the Griddler are shallow, so not Belgian. You chose well. [NT] - MarilynFL - 12:18am on 09/24/19
- Oh, that's right. I got them for us and then gave to DS. BUT the regular waffle form is - Charley - 12:05pm on 09/24/19
- the one in Joy with separately beaten egg whites and yolks, sour cream...heart failure but SO GOOD - Marg CDN2 - 1:19am on 09/22/19
- MargCDNs's JOY OF COOKING Sour Cream Waffles from page 241..... - wigs - 12:58pm on 09/23/19
- Thanks Wigs. If I move again, I'll find the book along with all the other stuff I'm missing. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 2:30am on 09/26/19
- Betty Crocker's RICHER WAFFLES--page 58--is a recipe I've used==> - wigs - 12:24pm on 09/23/19
- These Ham and Cheese Waffles are yummy! [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 3:19pm on 09/27/19
- A few other T&Ts - Pat-NoCal - 3:32pm on 09/27/19
- Joe's Potato-Chive Waffles with Smoked Salmon, Capers, and Crème Fraîche sound so good [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 3:33pm on 09/27/19
- Joe mentioned the potato-chive waffles in this thread. [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 3:34pm on 09/27/19
- I shouldn't have read either of those. [NT] - Marg CDN2 - 6:05pm on 09/27/19