Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Completely new. I've never heard of this product. This summer I made corn chowder for the first time
Joined: Oct 13, 2010
Posted to Thread #31106 at 11:13 pm on Sep 28, 2019
using fresh off the cob. I was stunned at how much more flavour there was than the frozen.
On the other hand, the Green Giant frozen peas, sweetlets and summer sweet, are, to me, better than fresh from the pod. I suspect it's that they are frozen immediately, whereas by the time I get a pod shelled, the peas are another day older.
We are so fortunate to have such abundance in this part of the world.
Other messages in this thread:
- 31106. Fresh Corn Polenta versus Frozen Corn Polenta [LINK] [IMAGE] - MarilynFL - 3:51pm on 09/27/19 (7)
- Thanks for testing all this! I do want to make this year round. [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 7:17pm on 09/27/19
- You might try frozen shoepeg corn--not in a tube. It's just "corn" with no additions/additives. [NT] - Charley - 7:43pm on 09/27/19
- Thanks for the suggestion. [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:58am on 09/28/19
- Completely new. I've never heard of this product. This summer I made corn chowder for the first time - Marg CDN2 - 11:13pm on 09/28/19
- I freeze corn every year--this is our family's favorite holiday special dish passed down from DH's - Charley - 10:46am on 09/29/19
- Thanks, Marilyn. Will be looking for "Fried Corn" by McKenzie - colleenmomof2 - 8:41pm on 09/30/19
- C, I think their tube of regular or creamed corn would also work. This was just the one I had in the - MarilynFL - 12:11am on 10/01/19