Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Our favorite breakfast cookie is Scientifically Sweet Soft-Baked Breakfast Nuggets
Joined: Jun 16, 2006
Posted to Thread #31139 at 1:04 pm on Oct 16, 2019
I bet you could substitute your lemon blend here, too! We keep these in the freezer but they are hard on the teeth if they aren't defrosted b4 eating. Colleen
Scientifically Sweet Soft-Baked Breakfast Nuggets
Makes about 20 nuggets
1 cup (142g) all-purpose flour
¼ cup (35g) whole wheat flour
¾ cup (75g) old-fashioned large flake rolled oats
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
6 tbsp (84g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ cup (110g) packed dark brown sugar
¼ cup (50g) granulated sugar
3 tbsp golden honey
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
70g (about ½ cup) whole almonds, coarsely chopped
1.5 oz (about 1/3 cup) sunflower seeds
2 tbsp sesame seeds
¼ cup raisins
¼ cup dried cranberries
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together both flours, oats, ground cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt until evenly blended; set aside.
In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar and honey until smooth and creamy using an electric hand mixer on high speed, about 1 minute. Beat in egg and vanilla extract until smooth. Add flour mixture all at once to the butter mixture and beat on low speed until it is mostly combined, about 10-15 seconds.
Use a rubber spatula to fold in almonds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, raisins and dried cranberries all at once.
Roll about 1.5 oz mounds of dough into 2-inch logs and place them onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them 3 inches apart. Bake until golden brown around the edges, about 12-15 minutes.
Let cookies cool on the pan for about 1 minute before transferring them individually to a wire rack to cool completely. These stay soft and chewy for days in an airtight container!
Link: Scientifically Sweet Soft-Baked Breakfast Nuggets
Other messages in this thread:
- 31139. a bust of a recipe, but a tasty component to use elsewhere? Lemon Zinger Bars - MarilynFL - 3:52pm on 10/15/19 (6)
- Lemon Zinger Bars from Low-So Good - MarilynFL - 3:56pm on 10/15/19
- As filling in the classic Dromedary Date bars recipe below (or thumbprint cookies) - Melissa Dallas - 9:56pm on 10/15/19
- REC: Gobble Up Granola Snacks [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 12:48pm on 10/16/19
- REC: Meryl's Cranberry Swirl Coffee Cake [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 12:56pm on 10/16/19
- REC: Our favorite breakfast cookie is Scientifically Sweet Soft-Baked Breakfast Nuggets [LINK] - colleenmomof2 - 1:04pm on 10/16/19
- These are all good ideas. Thanks! [NT] - MarilynFL - 11:32pm on 10/16/19