Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Donít laugh. Is it just me?
Joined: Jan 8, 2006
Posted to Thread #31152 at 1:27 am on Oct 22, 2019
I worked really hard for all the caramel goodness for Daisyís flan. In fact, I screwed it up the first time and had to start over. How come so much of it doesnít melt and refuses to budge and requires a two day soak to get out of the glass? That hard layer of caramelized sugar is laughing at me when it should be yummy liquid heaven
Other messages in this thread:
- 31152. Donít laugh. Is it just me? - Melissa Dallas - 1:27am on 10/22/19 (6)
- Yes, my dear. It IS you. Here's how I finally got past the horror of caramelizing flan sugar. - MarilynFL - 10:56pm on 10/22/19
- The caramel seems perfect, but too much of it UNDER the flan didnít liquify to sauce [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 2:08am on 10/23/19
- Oh. I see now. I was picturing lumps. Are the flan ingredients really cold? I'm trying - MarilynFL - 11:41am on 10/23/19
- I baked multiples in half-pint wide mouth canning jars - Melissa Dallas - 4:24pm on 10/23/19
- What a nice idea! [NT] - MarilynFL - 9:40pm on 10/23/19
- Didnít have a platter to unmold s pie plate one and liked using lids to chill [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 12:13am on 10/24/19